BoardMatch Fundamentals helps place talented, enthusiastic and informed volunteers from diverse backgrounds on the Board of Directors of non-profit organizations.
What is BoardMatch Fundamentals?
It is a free program that trains volunteers about the fundamental roles and responsibilities of charitable board service focusing on governance issues in the charitable sector. It also facilitates a board-matching component between registered charities and qualified candidates through its innovative online board position postings and recruitment section.
BoardMatch Fundamentals engages with companies, professional associations and community groups to recruit individuals interested in volunteering their expertise.
What does BoardMatch Fundamentals offer?
- Online eLearning modules focused on Board Governance, Human Resource Planning for Boards and Fundraising Basics.
- Online selection and applications to open Board positions
- Online eLearning modules focused on Board Roles and Responsibilities, Human Resource Planning for Boards and Fundraising Basics
- Online Board position posting and recruitment of Board candidates
What are the benefits?
Benefits for Candidates:
- Share your expertise by contributing to your community
- Strengthen your leadership skills
- Expand your personal and professional networks
- Experience governance first hand
Benefits for Charities:
- Improve governance and accountability
- Access enthusiastic candidates knowledgeable about board responsibilities
- Create diversity of skills and backgrounds
Individual Learning Outcomes
A study conducted by American Express and the Volunteer Consulting Group determined the following key benefits of serving on the board of directors of a nonprofit organization:
| Thought Leadership